Blocked Drain East Kilbride
Drain Cleaning and Pipe Unblocking – We Unblock Drains Fast!!!
Heating and Gas
Mould Removal and Remediation
Bathroom and Kitchens
Blocked Drain East Kilbride – We Unblock Drains Fast!!!
Whether you have an emergency blocked drain or just a slow draining blocked drain or pipe, you can call us for an emergency appointment or schedule a visit at your convenience.
Our high powered jet washing apparatus is powerful enough to clear out even the most stubborn of blocked drains. Whether it is a blocked drain at home, at the office or in the street causing flooding or foul smelling. Get it treated right away before it leads to bigger problems or health issues for you and your family.
24 Hour Emergency Service
No Call Out Charges
Free Inspection and Assessments
Local Plumbers and Gas Safe Heating Engineers
Excellent Customer Service
Qualified, Skilled and Insured operatives
One Stop Shop for all your Plumbing and Heating
How To Prevent a Blocked Drain East Kilbride
If you have a blocked drain East Kilbride, we always ask our customers to see what they can do themselves before calling out for a local trusted plumber.
Obviously our first instinct is to tell people not to put things down the sink or drain that shouldn’t be there in the first place.
Most of the blocked drains in East Kilbride that we attend are due to things that have gone down which could have been prevented in the first place.
Fats going down the kitchen sink, hair getting blocked in the bath and shower drain and pipes, childrens toys going into the toilet!!!! We have seen it all and most of it can easily be prevented. Well, except for toys in the toilet?!? Children will always find new and creative ways to cause havoc after all and that’s just life.
Most of these are preventable though just from some small adjustments such as:-
- Use a shower drain hair catcher to block hair from going down the bath or shower in the first place.
- Separate fats from water before pouring down the sink.
- Scrape off excess food into the bin before wasking down the drain or placing into the dish washer.
How To Recognise the Symptoms of a Blocked Drain East Kilbride
If you have been unable to prevent a blocked drain East Kilbride, how do you know if it is the drain or the pipe or something else which is causing the problem?
Firstly, you have to determine what kind of blockage it is. Is it a partial or complete blockage? A complete blockage is one where water is unable to pass through the blocked area at all and a partial blockage means that the water is able to drain through the blocked area but will pass very slowly due to the obstruction.
Also, is the blocked drain being caused due to the drian being blocked or it the problem further down the pipe somewhere?
If you only have a partial blocked drain, then it can be relatively east to determine where the problem lies as you are often able to see the blockage. And if you can’t see the blocked area, then it is usually further down the pipe so at least you know where the problem lies.
Methods Used To Clear a Blocked Drain East Kilbride
Before calling out a plumber to clear your blocked drain East Kilbride, we always recommend that you try a few simple tricks beforehand to see if you can unblock your drain yourself.
There are various methods to unblock a drain.
There are mechanical procedures which use apparatus to clear the blocked drain.
Chemical treatments are used which use either home made or industrial chemicals to unblock the drain.
Then there is heat treatment which is the simple act of using hot or boiling water and pouring it down the blocked drain or pipe. This uses the heat of the boiling water as well as the mechanical process of pouring the water at height to have a physical impact on the obstruction causing the blocked drain.
Exact Steps to Clear a Blocked Drain East Kilbride
In order to try and clear your blocked drain East Kilbride before calling a plumber, follow these simple steps.
- Clear any debris away from the drain with your fingers. Often something as simple as hair build up or foot debris causes a small blockage.
- Pour water down the blocked drain. You could try cold water or boiling water (especially good for clearing blocked drains caused by a fat build up from cooking waste being put down the sink).
- Pour a cup of baking soda down the drain then follow this with a cup of vinegar. these two household products this mix causing a chemical reaction which helps to dissolve anything whichit comes into contact with. Leave this for up to an hour to allow the reactive chemicals to dissolve the blocked drain. Then wash it away with hot water and test if the blocked drain has been cleared. (Please note to be careful if you are using any chemicals and use gloves and glasses to protect your eyes and hands)
- You can also use shop bought chemicals to do the same job here. Some of them are very strong so again please be careful and use any protection necessary.
- Once you have tried the chemical treatment and it has failed, it is time to try your plunger or plumbers snake. These are very inexpensive and highly effective tools to have around the house and every plumber would carry a plunger and plumbers snake to try and clear a blocked drain before advancing to any further methods.
- Use your plunger to block off any air forcing a vacuum with which you can start “pumping” the plunger therefore forcing the blocked area to get agitated and free up whereupon it will disperse either down the drain or into the water depending on what kind of drain or pipe you are trying to unblock.
- A plumbers snake is a long flexible rod which can reach all those parts which your hands can’t reach. Like the plunger, it is an excellent and cheap tool to use around the house to clear any blocked drains.
When Is It Time To Call a Plumber To Clear Your Blocked Drain East Kilbride
If you have tried all these tips and tricks to try and clear your blocked drain East Kilbride but they have failed, then it is time to call in a professional local plumber.
Our highly skilled and experienced plumbers are used to dealing with blocked drains on a daily basis and will get your blocked drain cleared in a jiffy.
If it is a big job, we have a high powered jet and all sorts of chemical treatments to get any size of blockage cleared with minimum time and fuss.
Remember, our emergency plumbers East Kilbride service is available 24 hours a day, every day.
How It Works
1st Plumbers are the local plumbers of choice in East Kilbride. Our Emergency Plumbers in East Kilbride are available 24 hours a day, every day and we will be at your doorstep withint the hour, anytime day or night.
Nobody wants a plumbing emergency at any time but you are in safe hands when you are dealing with the local Emergency Plumbers in East Kilbride.
Give us a call on (01355) 202656 for any Plumbing and Heating emergency
Do you still come out during Covid-19?
Our 24 Hour Emergency Plumbing Service is still very much active during Covid-19. If you give us a call at any time night or day, our friendly staff will help advise you of the situation. If it is deemed an Emergency, then we will send out a Plumber or Heating Engineer to attend and resolve the problem.
It may be that the emergency can be averted by a small action such as turning the water off and one of our local plumbers can then come out during the daytime and have a look at the problem without there being a big emergency.
Either way, you are in safe hands and one phone call does it all.
Give us a call today to discuss your Emergency Plumbing problem and we will advise you accordingly.
Do 1st Plumbers East Kilbride protect their staff and customers during covid-19?
1st Plumbers East Kilbride are doing everything reasonably possible to protect their staff and customers while still ensuring our excellent customer care and service.
Our staff are equipped with:
– New latex gloves for every new job.
– Masks to prevent any spread through breathing/coughing.
– Enhanced cleaning rituals and disinfecting throughout the day of all customer and staff spaces (including vans and tools).
– Hand sanitizer is to be used before every job and frequently throughout the job and again at the end.
– Staff are told to stay at home if they show any signs of any symptoms.
– Minimal contact with all customers (and completely avoided if possible) is employed by informing our customers of arrival times so that they can be in a separate are away from where the work is due to be taking place
– Our plumbers will refrain from from shaking hands or taking cash transactions. Where possible, all transactions will be done electronically.
What are your normal working hours?
1st Plumbers East Kilbride operate 24 hours a day, every day to ensure that your Plumbing Emergency is looked at within the hour.
Our offices are open during normal business hours but our phone is always on and will be directed to the out of hours team on duty if you are to call in the evening or weekend.
What services do you provide?
1st Plumbers East Kilbride are a one stop shop for all your Plumbing and Heating needs within the East Kilbride area.
We deal with all aspects of plumbing from leak detection, pipe repair, tap replacement, shower installs.
We deal with drain cleaning and unblocking drains, gutters and downpipes. Clearing sinks, showers, bath tubs and toilets. Unblocking waste disposal units, clrearing out and repairing dish washers and washing machines.
We deal with boiler repairs, boiler replacements, boiler services and boiler installations as well as central heating repairs and installations.
We also have tilers, electricians, joiners and anybody you need to get the job done so that with one phone call to 1st Plumbers East Kilbride you can rest assured that you are in good hands and we can attend to all your Plumbing and Heating needs.
Do you Provide Emergency Plumbers East Kilbride?
Call the favourite Emergency Plumber East Kilbride on (01355) 202656. We offer a 24 hour emergency service every day of the year.
Does 1st Plumbers East Kilbride deal with Boilers?
We are Heating Specialists meaning that not only do we deal with leak detection, diagnostics and all your plumbing faults but we specialise in Boiler repairs, Boiler Installations and Boiler Replacements as well as Boiler Services. We also deal with all Cebtral Heating problems including radiator repairs and installation, power flushing and gas safety checks but also gas fires, gas hobs, gas ovens, open fire and chimney inspections.
Thank you guys for doing a great job. I was panicking so much when we came home to the flooding that I didn’t know what to do. Your plumber, Martin was exceptionally helpful not only in stopping any further damage and preventing the water leak but he was also able to remove a lot of the water with some sort of re-direction of the pipe system. That’s when we knew that we had a professional at hand.
We can’t thank you enough and my 6 year old son now wants to be a plumber too so that he can help other people. I’ll let him know where to get his training!
Leanne McIntyre- St Leonards
Please send our thanks on to everybody at 1st Plumbers for their help. You have all been great in dealing with us.
Terry and Dominic Hughes – Stewartfield
A reccomendation from our son in law led us to 1st Plumbers in East Kilbride and I can only say that I was very impressed and will also go on to reccomend them to friends or family looking for a plumber in East Kilbride.
David and Teresa – The Village E.K.
Good Job. Thank you for all your hard work. The new bathroom looks great now just as you planned.
Caroline – Whitehills
1st Plumbers were punctual, carried out the work and tidied up after themselves. 5 stars.
Loving the new hot and cold outdoor taps. Hot tub ready. Roll on the summer…
Chris – Lindsayfield
1st Plumbers East Kilbride repaired our boiler a few years ago and have now serviced our boiler every year since. Glad to say that it is still going strong.
The heating engineers are very knowledgeable, polite and friendly so it’s definitely not a chore to see them every year.
Andrew and Gemma – Westwood, East Kilbride